Monday, October 5, 2009

My Two Cents on Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the Future

I read the two articles from Michael Stephens and Rick Anderson. I agreed with Mr. Stephen's article that the "library is human."

I agreed with the author that "the world and library users changes with advancing technology." However, people still come to the library to borrow materials, participate in a book discussion, read a newspaper or magazine as well as research for materials on-line which may need the services of a librarian.

The MCPL database has included blogs,tags and links for patrons who are interested in seeing what the libraries offered. For example,I wished computers were available and I can check out the "Teensite" when I was in middle and high school. There are links to ask-a-librarian", a reference service and "askusnow", a 24 hour live chat service. These are the same teens who also want a recommendation of a book from a librarian.

This concludes my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment